By: Our Correspondent

The new statutory declaration states:

"I wish to expressly state that at no material time did (Abdul)
Razak (Abdullah) Baginda inform me that he was introduced to Altantuya
Shaariibuu by a VIP and at no material time did Razak Baginda inform me
that Datuk Seri Najib (Tun Razak) had a sexual relationship with
Altantuya Shaaribu and that she was susceptible to anal intercourse.

"At no material time did Razak Baginda inform me that Datuk Seri
Najib instructed Razak Baginda to look after Altantuya Shaaribu as he
did not want her to harass him since he was the Deputy Prime Minister."

P Balasubramaniam's
previous declaration:


Balasubramaniam a/l Perumal a Malaysian Citizen of full age and
residing at [deleted] do solemly and sincerely declare as follows :-

1. I have been a
police officer with the Royal Malaysian Police Force having jointed
as a constable in 1981 attached to the Police Field Force. I was then
promoted to the rank of lance Corporal and finally resigned from the
Police Force in 1998 when I was with the Special Branch.

2. I have been
working as a free lance Private Investigator since I left the Police

3. Sometime in
June or July 2006, I was employed by Abdul Razak Baginda for a period
of 10 days to look after him at his office at the Bangunan Getah
Asli, Jalan Ampang between the hours of 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m each
working day as apparently he was experiencing disturbances from a
third party.

4. I resigned
from this job after 2 ½ days as I was not receiving any proper

5. I was however
re-employed by Abdul Razak Baginda on the 05-10-2006 as he had
apparently received a harassing phone call from a Chinese man calling
himself ASP Tan who had threatened him to pay his debts. I later
found out this gentleman was in fact a private investigator called
Ang who was employed by a Mongolian woman called Altantuya Shaaribuu.

6. Abdul Razak
Baginda was concerned that a person by the name of Altantuya
Shaaribuu, a Mongolian woman, was behind this threat and that she
would be arriving in Malaysia very soon to try and contact him.

7. Abdul Razak
Baginda informed me that he was concerned by this as he had been
advised that Altantuya Shaaribuu had been given some powers by a
Mongolian ‘bomoh’ and that he could never look her in the
face because of this.

8. When I
enquired as to who this Mongolian woman was, Abdul Razak Baginda
informed me that she was a friend of his who had been introduced to
him by a VIP and who asked him to look after her financially.

9. I advised him
to lodge a police report concerning the threatening phone call he had
received from the Chinese man known as ASP Tan but he refused to do
so as he informed me there were some high profile people involved.

10. Abdul Razak
Baginda further told me that Altantuya Shaaribuu was a great liar and
good in convincing people. She was supposed to have been very
demanding financially and that he had even financed a property for
her in Mongolia.

11. Abdul Razak
Baginda then let me listen to some voice messages on his handphone
asking him to pay what was due otherwise he would be harmed and his
daughter harassed.

12. I was
therefore supposed to protect his daughter Rowena as well.

13. On the
09.10.2006 I received a phone call from Abdul Razak Baginda at about
9.30 a.m. informing me that Altantuya was in his office and he wanted
me there immediately. As I was in the midst of a surveillance, I sent
my assistant Suras to Abdul Razak Baginda’s office and I
followed a little later. Suras managed to control the situation and
had persuaded Altantuya and her two friends to leave the premises.
However Altantuya left a note written on some Hotel Malaya note
paper, in English, asking Abdul Razak Baginda to call her on her
handphone (number given) and wrote down her room number as well.

14. Altantuya
had introduced herself to Suras as ‘Aminah’ and had
informed Suras she was there to see her boyfriend Abdul Razak

15. These 3
Mongolian girls however returned to Abdul Razak Baginda’s
office at the Bangunan Getah Asli, Jalan Ampang again, the next day
at about 12.00 noon. They did not enter the building but again
informed Suras that they wanted to meet Aminah’s boyfriend,
Abdul Razak Baginda.

16. On the
11.10.2006, Aminah returned to Abdul Razak Baginda’s office on
her own and gave me a note to pass to him, which I did. Abdul Razak
Baginda showed me the note which basically asked him to call her

17. I suggested
to Abdul Razak Baginda that perhaps it may be wise to arrange for
Aminah to be arrested if she harassed him further, but he declined as
he felt she would have to return to Mongolia as soon as her cash ran

18. In the
meantime I had arranged for Suras to perform surveillance on Hotel
Malaya to monitor the movements of these 3 Mongolian girls, but they
recognized him. Apparently they become friends with Suras after that
and he ended up spending a few nights in their hotel room.

19. When Abdul
Razak Baginda discovered Suras was becoming close to Aminah he asked
me to pull him out from Hotel Malaya.

20. On the
14.10.2006, Aminah turned up at Abdul Razak Baginda’s house in
Damansara Heights when I was not there. Abdul Razak Baginda called me
on my handphone to inform me of this so I rushed back to his house.
As I arrived, I noticed Aminah outside the front gates shouting
“Razak, bastard, come out from the house”. I tried to
calm her down but couldn’t so I called the police who arrived
in 2 patrol cars. I explained the situation to the police, who took
her away to the Brickfields police station.

21. I followed
the patrol cars to Brickfields police station in a taxi. I called
Abdul Razak Baginda and his lawyer Dirren to lodge a police report
but they refused.

22. When I was
at the Brickfields police station, Aminah’s own Private
Investigator, one Mr. Ang arrived and we had a discussion. I was told
to deliver a demand to Abdul Razak Baginda for USD$500,000.00 and 3
tickets to Mongolia, apparently as commission owed to Aminah from a
deal in Paris.

23. As Aminah
had calmed down at this stage, a policewoman at the Brickfields
police station advised me to leave and settle the matter amicably.

24. I duly
informed Abdul Razak Baginda of the demands Aminah had made and told
him I was disappointed that no one wanted to back me up in lodging a
police report. We had a long discussion about the situation when I
expressed a desire to pull out of this assignment.

During this discussion and in an attempt to persuade me to continue
my employment with him, Abdul Razak Baginda informed me that :-

25.1 He
had been introduced to Aminah by Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak at a
diamond exhibition in Singapore.

Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak informed Abdul Razak Baginda that he had a
sexual relationship with Aminah and that [
deleted by
nat out of respect to the family of the deceased

Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak wanted Abdul Razak Baginda to look after
Aminah as he did not want her to harass him since he was now the
Deputy Prime Minister.

Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, Abdul Razak Baginda and Aminah had all
been together at a dinner in Paris.

Aminah wanted money from him as she felt she was entitled to a
USD$500,000.00 commission on a submarine deal she assisted with in

26. On the
19.10.2006, I arrived at Abdul Razak Baginda’s house in
Damansara Heights to begin my night duty. I had parked my car outside
as usual. I saw a yellow proton perdana taxi pass by with 3 ladies
inside, one of whom was Aminah. The taxi did a U-turn and stopped in
front of the house where these ladies rolled down the window and
wished me ‘Happy Deepavali’. The taxi then left.

27. About 20
minutes later the taxi returned with only Aminah in it. She got out
of the taxi and walked towards me and started talking to me. I sent
an SMS to Abdul Razak Baginda informing him “Aminah was here”.
I received an SMS from Razak instructing me “To delay her until
my man comes”.

Whist I was talking to Aminah, she informed me of the following :-

That she met Abdul Razak Baginda in Singapore with Datuk Seri Najib
Tun Razak.

That she had also met Abdul Razak Baginda and Datuk Seri Najib Tun
Razak at a dinner in Paris.

That she was promised a sum of USD$500,000.00 as commission for
assisting in a Submarine deal in Paris.

That Abdul Razak Baginda had bought her a house in Mongolia but her
brother had refinanced it and she needed money to redeem it.

That her mother was ill and she needed money to pay for her

6. That
Abdul Razak Baginda had married her in Korea as her mother is Korean
whilst her father was a Mongolian/Chinese mix.

That if I wouldn’t allow her to see Abdul Razak Baginda, would
I be able to arrange for her to see Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.

29. After
talking to Aminah for about 15 minutes, a red proton aeroback arrived
with a woman and two men. I now know the woman to be Lance Corporal
Rohaniza and the men, Azilah Hadri and Sirul Azahar. They were all in
plain clothes. Azilah walked towards me while the other two stayed in
the car.

30. Azilah asked
me whether the woman was Aminah and I said ‘Yes’. He then
walked off and made a few calls on his handphone. After 10 minutes
another vehicle, a blue proton saga, driven by a Malay man, passed by
slowly. The drivers window had been wound down and the driver was
looking at us.

31. Azilah then
informed me they would be taking Aminah away. I informed Aminah they
were arresting her. The other two persons then got out of the red
proton and exchanged seats so that Lance Corporal Rohaniza and Aminah
were in the back while the two men were in the front. They drove off
and that is the last I ever saw of Aminah.

32. Abdul Razak
Baginda was not at home when all this occurred.

33. After the
19.10.2006, I continued to work for Abdul Razak Baginda at his house
in Damansara Heights from 7.00 p.m. to 8.00 a.m. the next morning, as
he had been receiving threatening text messages from a woman called
‘Amy’ who was apparently ‘Aminah’s’
cousin in Mongolia.

34. On the night
of the 20.10.2006, both of Aminah’s girl friends turned up at
Abdul Razak Baginda’s house enquiring where Aminah was. I
informed them she had been arrested the night before.

35. A couple of
nights later, these two Mongolian girls, Mr. Ang and another
Mongolian girl called ‘Amy’ turned up at Abdul Razak
Baginda’s house looking for Aminah as they appeared to be
convinced she was being held in the house.

36. A commotion
began so I called the police who arrived shortly thereafter in a
patrol car. Another patrol car arrived a short while later in which
was the investigating officer from the Dang Wangi Police Station who
was in charge of the missing persons report lodged by one of the
Mongolians girls, I believe was Amy.

37. I called
Abdul Razak Baginda who was at home to inform him of the events
taking place at his front gate. He then called DSP Musa Safri and
called me back informing me that Musa Safri would be calling
handphone and I was to pass the phone to the Inspector from Dang
Wangi Police Station.

38. I then
received a call on my handphone from Musa Safri and duly handed the
phone to the Dang Wangi Inspector. The conversation lasted 3 –
4 minutes after which he told the girls to disperse and to go to see
him the next day.

39. On or about
the 24.10.2006, Abdul Razak Baginda instructed me to accompany him to
the Brickfields police station as he had been advised to lodge a
police report about the harassment he was receiving from these
Mongolian girls.

40. Before this,
Amy had sent me an SMS informing me she was going to Thailand to
lodge a report with the Mongolian consulate there regarding Aminah’s
disappearance. Apparently she had sent the same SMS to Abdul Razak
Baginda. This is why he told me he had been advised to lodge a police

41. Abdul Razak
Baginda informed me that DPS Musa Safri had introduced him to one DSP
Idris, the head of the Criminal division, Brickfields police station,
and that Idris had referred him to ASP Tonny.

42. When Abdul
Razak Baginda had lodged his police report at Brickfields police
station, in front of ASP Tonny, he was asked to make a statement but
he refused as he said he was leaving for overseas. He did however
promise to prepare a statement and hand ASP Tonny a thumb drive. I
know that this was not done as ASP Tonny told me.

43. However ASP
Tonny asked me the next day to provide my statement instead and so I

44. I stopped
working for Abdul Razak Baginda on the 26.10.2006 as this was the day
he left for Hong Kong on his own.

45. In
mid November 2006, I received a phone call from ASP Tonny from the
IPK Jalan Hang Tuah asking me to see him regarding Aminah’s
case. When I arrived there I was immediately arrested under S.506 of
the Penal Code for Criminal intimidation.

46. I
was then placed in the lock up and remanded for 5 days. On the third
day I was released on police bail.

47. At
the end of November 2006, the D9 department of the IPK sent a
detective to my house to escort me to the IPK Jalan Hang Tuah. When I
arrived, I was told I was being arrested under S.302 of the Penal
Code for murder. I was put in the lock up and remanded for 7 days.

48. I
was transported to Bukit Aman where I was interrogated and questioned
about an SMS I had received from Abdul Razak Baginda on the
19.10.2006 which read “delay her until my man arrives”.
They had apparently retrieved this message from Abdul Razak Baginda’s

49. They
then proceeded to record my statement from 8.30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
everyday for 7 consecutive days. I told them all I knew including
everything Abdul Razak Baginda and Aminah had told me about their
relationships with Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak but when I came to sign
my statement, these details had been left out.

50. I
have given evidence in the trial of Azilah, Sirul and Abdul Razak
Baginda at the Shah Alam High Court. The prosecutor did not ask me
any questions in respect of Aminah’s relationship with Datuk
Seri Najib Tun Razak or of the phone call I received from DSP Musa
Safri, whom I believe was the ADC for Datuk Seri Najib Razak and/or
his wife.

51. On
the day Abdul Razak Baginda was arrested, I was with him at his
lawyers office at 6.30 a.m. Abdul Razak Baginda informed us that he
had sent Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak an SMS the evening before as he
refused to believe he was to be arrested, but had not received a

Shortly thereafter, at about 7.30 a.m., Abdul Razak Baginda received
an SMS from Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak and showed, this message to
both myself and his lawyer. This message read as follows :- “ I
am seeing IGP at 11.00 a.m. today …… matter will be
solved … be cool”.

53. I have been
made to understand that Abdul Razak Baginda was arrested the same
morning at his office in the Bangunan Getah Asli, Jalan Ampang.

54. The purpose
of this Statutory declaration is to :-

54.1 State my
disappointment at the standard of investigations conducted by the
authorities into the circumstances surrounding the murder of
Altantuya Shaaribuu.

54.2 Bring to
the notice of the relevant authorities the strong possibility that
there are individuals other than the 3 accused who must have played a
role in the murder of Altantuya Shaaribuu.

54.3 Persuade
the relevant authorities to reopen their investigations into this
case immediately so that any fresh evidence may be presented to the
Court prior to submissions at the end of the prosecutions case.

54.4 Emphasize
the fact that having been a member of the Royal Malaysian Police
Force for 17 years I am absolutely certain no police officer would
shoot someone in the head and blow up their body without receiving
specific instructions from their superiors first.

54.5. Express my
concern that should the defence not be called in the said murder
trial, the accused, Azilah and Sirul will not have to swear on oath
and testify as to the instructions they received and from whom they
were given.

55. And I make
this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same be true
and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory Declaration Act

solemnly )

declared by the
abovenamed )

a/l Perumal ]

this day of 2008

Before me,


Commissioner for

Kuala Lumpur